Nynehead Court is a magnificent Grade 2* listed 17th Century Manor House described by Pevsner as "a remarkably early example of the classical style in Somerset". The house was rebuilt on an historic site originally owned in 1068 by the de Fleurie family, then by the De Wyke family, until 1590 when it came into the possession of the Sanfords - where it remained for over 300 years.
The Court became a residential home in 1949, making it one of the longest running care homes in the country. In 1990 it was gifted to The Friends of the Elderly,a national charity, and opened officially by Princess Margaret. In January 2004 it became a part of The Stepping Stone Group. The Nynehead Estate is owned and managed by Nynehead Care Limited, a private limited company and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Stepping Stone Group Limited.
Nynehead Care is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to provide accommodation to 44 residents within the Court and personal care to the owners/residents of the 11 Mews properties. It is managed by the registered manager, under the direction of the company directors, who have over 50 years combined experience in the provision of long term care.
The complement of staff on duty at any one time exceeds the statutory requirement and all care staff assist in the provision of extra mural activities and recreation, which form an important part of the daily routine. A trained care assistant is on call to the residents of the mews properties 24 hours a day and additional staff are rostered to meet any programmed needs.
Residents at Nynehead Court have personalised care plans and a key staff member, as well as individual support to meet their particular needs and interests. Staff are encouraged to participate in QCF training and one senior carer has recently completed the Level 5 qualification. The company is committed to providing regular training and study sessions, so that the highest levels of care and support are provided.